Monday, October 10, 2011

This is what happens when it rains...

                So today is one of those days…one of those days where my mind goes a million miles an hour, thinking about things I know I shouldn’t be.
                I went to see Courageous last night with some friends. It was a very good movie. It made the desire I have for a Godly husband that much stronger. I know marriage isn’t the answer to my problems…that it will bring entirely new problems into my life. But I also know that if I have a man who is committed to God first and foremost, and is willing to be the spiritual head of our household, marriage will be an amazing experience.
                I tend to get impatient about a lot of things, especially concerning marriage. I tend to rush when I meet someone because I want that so badly that I don’t even stop to ask God what He thinks. Then I end up hurting and angry. Truth is, I’ve known better than to try and date most of the guys that I did because I knew they weren’t right. They may believe in God, and may even be Christians, but all in all, I knew they weren’t where I wanted my husband to be spiritually. That should have been my key to turn around and run, but I didn’t. So God let me decide for myself and I ended up miserable.
                But I don’t want to settle. I want someone who will seek God and love God more than he loves me. I want a man who is determined our house will live for God. I want a man who will put family before work and anything else, because he knows what matters most. I’ve always wanted a man who would understand that and put me and our children before work. That he wouldn’t be so busy trying to make money to afford STUFF that he would forget what really matters…like recitals, games, just doing things as a family.
                So many times I feel like there is something wrong with me because I’m about to be 28 and I’m still single, but I’m finally beginning to realize…it’s worth it to wait for what I really want, than to settle for less than God’s best. Because He knows the desires of my heart…my desire for a Godly man…and He can find the right guy and send him my way! I just have to believe and keep my eyes on Him!

1 comment:

anything but LoKEY said...

There are things you can do now you can't do when you are married. Don't miss out on God's gifts and abilities for today, dreaming about tomorrow! You are on the right track girl. Be patient and enjoy the presence of God in your life!