Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Forgiveness

As I was doing my supposed-to-be-daily confessions the other morning, one of them stuck out at me like it never has before.

"I forgive others as Christ has forgiven me..."

The enormity of that statement hit me for probably the first time ever. God doesn't do anything half-way. If He does something, He goes all-out. Look at His love, mercy, etc. His forgiveness is no different. Just look at Psalm 103:12 - "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." (KJV) Why did God use east and west instead of north and south? (Everyone, say it with me! You know the answer...) BECAUSE THE EAST AND WEST NEVER MEET. BUT IF YOU GO NORTH, EVENTUALLY YOU WILL BE HEADED SOUTH AND VICE VERSA.

So, when God forgives, He doesn't just forgive. He FORGETS. And, in His book, we've never done it. So that is how I am supposed to forgive others. But how many times does someone hurt me and everything else they have ever done (that I supposedly forgave them for) comes right back up again?

No comments: