Back in the fall, Keith Moore did a series called "Fighting the Good Faith Fight." I started listening to it, and it was AWESOME. Inevitably, I would get distracted and get behind on it. It was a growing series that eventually made it up to 18 messages, I believe. Well, I finally finished the series last month. It was so great! He spent one message on each piece of the armor of God. He explained things in a way I have never heard before. There were things I never really understood, but I do now after listening to the messages. I highly recommend them!
He also does a Greater Faith Conference every year. (Last year, he talked about Abraham. The messages were so great and really encouraged me.) While on their website, I saw they had this year's conference up. I just finished listening to the first message. He started out saying not to think, "Oh, I know this. I've already heard this." He challenged every one to really listen and to realize that there is ALWAYS something new you can learn. And all I can say is....WHOA.
He said satan wants to try and keep us out of the realm of faith and in the realm of reasoning. He read Hebrews....where "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT SEEN." He said, "Why are you upset because it hasn't happened yet?" Why are we upset when we don't see the healing? Or see the money? He said, "When you're in faith, it is normal for it to be unseen."
!!! It sounds so elementary, so simple. But it is so profound. I've heard that scripture 50 million times, but never made that connection. Essentially, people assume "it didn't work" because what they see hasn't changed. But that's not true. Keith Moore said, "Why are you so defeated because of what you don't see? The way you win is by not being moved by what you see."
I'm getting so excited about the things I am learning. I pray I will be able to apply them. I want to please God, and the way to do that is TO LIVE BY FAITH. I want His best. I want His word to be so big in me that there is no room for anything else. I've come to realize, I have a hard time letting go and giving things to God, because I realize there are some people (that I really care about) who probably won't understand and that I could possibly lose in the process of seeking Him more. But I am also realizing that He is worth more than anyone or anything else in this world. He is the only reason I have made it this far and I KNOW He has good things for me. If people can't support me in my desire to know Him more, than I have to believe that God will bring NEW people into my life who will support me and help me. It's hard to let go of things sometimes, but knowing that what He has for me is FAR GREATER than anything I leave behind makes all the difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment