Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Grass is Always Greener...

Okay...so for those of you who are out there and read my blog and haven't already heard...I'm moving back in with the 'rents! 

Here I am, 27 years old, and moving back in with them for the 2nd (and hopefully LAST) time since I graduated college. I know it's not going to be easy and I'm going to have to just let some things go, however, I'm also looking forward to it - trying to look on the bright side, if you will. I've hit a lot of bumps since I moved out just under a year ago. I didn't count on getting seriously ill and racking up a HUGE doctor's bill among other things and ending up trying not to freak out about finances. So now, I'm looking at this as an opportunity to get some things taken care of and get back to where I want to be.

Over the past year, things have been CRAZY! I've gone through quite a bit of stuff that I didn't expect...some good, some bad. And in the process, my dreams/hopes/goals have changed some. And that's not really a bad thing. I like to think they have changed in a good way, for the most part.

When I moved out of my parents' house, I was tired of living with them and feeling like a child. I thought, "If I can just move out everything will be better." Well, not really. In some ways it was, but then with it comes all the bills. And what started out as a good thing has caused me just as much grief sometimes as living with my parents. Yet in some ways, living with my parents was better. So now I'm moving back and getting things straight so I can hopefully move out again within a year or two. LOL.

Especially now that the lease is about to be up and I have stuff to take care of, I find myself getting rather aggrevated and stressed about some things. I just need to calm down and breathe, I know. This is probably one of the hardest things I have had to do, besides leaving Tuscaloosa *for good*.  (You never know, I could end up back there!)   ;)

Anyway. That's all for now. Just packed my dishes and a couple of my glasses, still have a lot left to do, but what's left is going to have to wait for next week.  :/

No comments: